Structured Progress: Embracing the 5+3+3+4 Model for Holistic Growth
In alignment with India’s National Education Policy and global education trends, we’ve structured our curriculum into a progressive 5+3+3+4 model. Each stage is carefully designed with specific objectives that contribute to a holistic educational journey, ensuring gradual and comprehensive development for every student.
|Foundational School – 5 years||Nursery, KG, Prep, 1st & 2nd||3+ years|
|Preparatory School – 3 years||Class 3rd, 4th & 5th||8-10 years|
|Middle School- 3 years||Class 6th to 8th||11-13 years|
|Senior School- 4 years||Class 9th to 12th||14-17 years|
Foundational School (Nursery, KG, Prep, 1st & 2nd) | Building Foundations, Shaping Futures
In our Foundational School, young learners embark on their educational journey, exploring and growing through a vibrant mix of cognitive, social, and creative experiences. This crucial phase lays the groundwork for lifelong learning, nurturing curiosity and foundational skills from the very start.
Foundation School Objectives:
- Early Cognitive and Language Development
- Emotional and Social Learning
- Physical and Sensory Development
- Exploratory and Creative Play
Preparatory School (Class 3rd, 4th & 5th) | Nurturing Growth, Expanding Horizons
In our Preparatory School, students delve deeper into their educational journey, developing more complex cognitive abilities and interpersonal skills. This stage is a critical bridge, enhancing foundational learnings and introducing advanced concepts that foster independent thinking and collaborative skills.
Preparatory School Objectives:
- Enhanced Cognitive and Problem-Solving Skills
- Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork
- Skillful Hand and Body Coordination
- Innovative and Artistic Expression
Middle School (Class 6th to 8th) | Cultivating Critical Minds and Global Perspectives
In our Middle School, students are immersed in an environment that fosters critical thinking, problem-solving, and socio-emotional development. This stage is key in transitioning students from foundational knowledge to more advanced academic and life skills, preparing them for the complexities of the modern world.
Middle School Objectives:
- Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving, and Academic Skills
- Socio-Emotional, Ethical, and Citizenship Development
- Creative, Technological, and Innovative Proficiency
- Organizational, Self-Management, and Collaborative Skills
Senior School (Class 9th to 12th) | Empowering Future Leaders and Innovators
In our Senior School, students are prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the future with a curriculum that emphasizes advanced cognitive skills, leadership, and innovation. This final phase of their school journey equips them with the knowledge, ethics, and technical acumen needed for success in higher education and beyond.
Senior School Objectives:
- Advanced Cognitive, Analytical, and Research Skills
- Leadership, Collaborative Skills, and Global Ethics
- Comprehensive Career Readiness and Life Skills
- Technological Mastery and Innovation Skills
Foundational School (Nursery, KG, Prep, 1st & 2nd)
- Early Cognitive and Language Development: Focusing on foundational literacy and numeracy, and basic problem-solving skills to develop early cognitive abilities. This includes a strong emphasis on language development and communication skills.
- Emotional and Social Learning: Developing emotional intelligence, empathy, cooperation, and basic communication skills. This stage is crucial for building socialization skills and an understanding of emotions in oneself and others.
- Physical and Sensory Development: Enhancing overall physical health, motor skills, and sensory experiences. This includes fine and gross motor skills, ensuring a well-rounded physical development suitable for this age group.
- Exploratory and Creative Play: Encouraging creativity and imagination through play. This involves providing opportunities for children to explore, create, and engage in activities that stimulate their curiosity and innovative thinking.
Preparatory School (Class 3rd, 4th & 5th)
- Enhanced Cognitive and Problem-Solving Skills: Building upon foundational cognitive skills to include more complex problem-solving, logical reasoning, and critical thinking. This stage starts to prepare students for analytical and abstract thinking.
- Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork: Transitioning from basic socio-emotional learning to more structured interpersonal skills, communication, and teamwork. This includes learning to work collaboratively, understanding diverse perspectives, and developing effective communication strategies.
- Skilful Hand and Body Coordination: Upgrading fine motor skills to encompass a broader range of physical coordination, balance, and agility. This stage also focuses on continued development of gross motor skills.
- Innovative and Artistic Expression: Promoting not just creativity but also innovative thinking and artistic expression. Encouraging students to explore various forms of art, design, and creative problem-solving.
Middle School (Class 6th to 8th)
- Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving, and Academic Skills: Encouraging analytical thinking, effective problem-solving, along with solid academic learning.
- Socio-Emotional, Ethical, and Citizenship Development: Fostering emotional intelligence, understanding of ethics, and a sense of global and local citizenship.
- Creative, Technological, and Innovative Proficiency: Developing creativity, technological skills, and a mindset geared towards innovation.
- Organizational, Self-Management, and Collaborative Skills: Enhancing personal organization and self-management, along with skills in teamwork and collaboration.
Senior School (Class 9th to 12th)
- Advanced Cognitive, Analytical, and Research Skills: A combination that emphasizes both high-level academic proficiency and the skills necessary for analytical thinking and research.
- Leadership, Collaborative Skills, and Global Ethics: This merges leadership and teamwork abilities with an ethical and global perspective, preparing students to be responsible global citizens.
- Comprehensive Career Readiness and Life Skills: An inclusive objective covering readiness for college and careers, as well as essential life skills for holistic development.
- Technological Mastery and Innovation Skills: Expands on digital literacy to include mastery of current technologies and the ability to innovate, aligning with future technological trends and demands.
Affiliation for 10th & 12th Exams
The School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi. On 3rd April, 2015 we got our Permanent Affiliation from CISCE with upgradation to Class 11th. First batch of students appeared in ICSE Examination in 2014-15.
INTERNAL EXAMINATION & PROMOTION SYSTEM
|Exam||Marks||Weightage||Time for Conduction|
|1||Period Order 1||PO1 (A)||25 (5+20)||10%||1st Week of May|
|2||PO1 (B)||25 (5+20)||2nd Week of July|
|3||Half Yearly||(Class 1st – 5th)||50 (10+40)||30%||2nd Week of September|
|(Class 6th– 12th)||100 (10+90)|
|4||Period Order 2||PO2 (A)||25 (5+20)||10%||1st Week of November|
|5||PO12(B)||25 (5+20)||3rd Week of December|
|6||Final Exams||(Class 1st – 5th)||50 (10+40)||50%||1st Week of March|
|(Class 6th– 12th)||100 (10+90)|
Exam Rules and Evaluation Methods at VGS:
- No formal examination for Pre-Primary Classes.
- Student progress is evaluated through curriculum-linked activities and key skill assessments.
- Promotion to the next class is based on overall performance.
- PO1, PO2, Half Yearly and Final Exams include 10 marks for completion and submission of subject notebooks and class participation.
- Class Tests of 10 marks are conducted every Monday during Zero Period as per the Calendar.
- PO1, PO2, Half Yearly and Final Exams include 10 marks from Class Tests.
- Retests are not conducted.
- Absent students require a medical certificate before the last day of the exam for consideration in promotion.
- Absence due to non-medical reasons are not considered.
- Missed tests/exams result in no rank.
- Emergency conditions are entertained only once, and the Principal’s decision is final.
- Promotion to the next class is based on overall performance with weightage given to each test/exam.