Curriculum Fundamental to our vision is the concept that by the end of the secondary stages, the abilities and interests of children generally take a definite shape. Therefore varied or diversified course with fairly wide latitude of choices are provided in the school.
The various subjects in the curriculum are: English, Hindi, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Mathematics, Science, Drawing & Painting, Handicraft, Music & Dance, Computer Science, Moral Science, Environmental Science, Commercial Studies, Accounts, Economics, Commerce, Physical Education, etc.
Special courses in Physical Training, Athletics, Gymnastics, Karate, Boxing, Tennis and various games form an integral part of the school activities.
The medium of instruction is ENGLISH and the school will eventually provide education to both boys and girls for a 15 year course as under:-
|Classes Nursery, KG & Prep||Toddlers School||3+ years|
|Classes I to V||Junior School||5+ years|
|Classes VI to VIII||Middle School||10 + years|
|Classes IX to XII||Senior School||13+ years|
The School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi. On 3rd April, 2015 we got our Permanent Affiliation from CISCE with upgradation to Class 11th. First batch of students appeared in ICSE Examination in 2014-15.
EXAMINATION & PROMOTION SYSTEM
|Exam||Marks||Weightage||Time for Conduction|
|1||Period Order 1||PO1 (A)||25 (5+20)||10%||1st Week of May|
|2||PO1 (B)||25 (5+20)||2nd Week of July|
|3||Half Yearly||(Class 1st – 5th)||50 (10+40)||30%||2nd Week of September|
|(Class 6th– 12th)||100 (10+90)|
|4||Period Order 2||PO2 (A)||25 (5+20)||10%||1st Week of November|
|5||PO12(B)||25 (5+20)||3rd Week of December|
|6||Final Exams||(Class 1st – 5th)||50 (10+40)||50%||1st Week of March|
|(Class 6th– 12th)||100 (10+90)|
General Rules for Examination:
· There is no concept of Retest in any of the Tests/Examinations
· Students absent during the test/examination due to medical reasons need to submit their medical certificate before the last day of the exams for any consideration to be made during their promotion to the next class. Medical certificates submitted after the exam will not be considered.
· Absence due to non-medical reason will not get any consideration.
· Students who have missed any Test/Examination will not be awarded a rank in the class.
· Any emergency condition can be entertained only once in the session for any student and in that case the decision of the Principal will be final.
· Promotion to the next class will be granted on the basis of the whole year’s performance based on the weightage given to each Test/Examination.
Specific Rules for Examinations:
For Class 1st to 9th
· During PO1, PO2, Half Yearly & Final Exams, 10 marks will be allotted for completion and timely submission of subject notebooks and for class participation.
For Class 10th to 12th
· Class Test of 10 marks will be held on every Monday in the Zero Period as per the specified Calendar. For PO1, PO2, Half Yearly & Final Exams 10 marks will be allotted from this Class Tests.
· There is no formal examination for the Pre-Primary Classes
· Formal and informal evaluation activities are linked to the curriculum and samples of students’ performances are collected repeatedly throughout the year to assess the child’s progress in learning and growth in key skills.
· Eligibility for promotion to the next class is based on the overall performance and progress of the student.